Sunday, February 6, 2011

How I'm Spending Superbowl Sunday

I've never understood football. Not just it's purpose, but the actual rules of the game. No matter how many times gym teachers or my dad or other varies football enthusiasts have explained how it works I only have the most basic understanding of the rules. Therefore, this Sunday isn't exactly a huge deal for me.

While I do enjoy the commercials that occur during the Superbowl, I'd rather watch the best ones one Youtube tomorrow, than sit through the actual game today. Thus my predicament. This is a day when most other channels don't even try to put anything interesting on, knowing that they won't gain enough viewers. It's sort of like wearing an ugly dress to a funeral. No one's going to be trying to pick you up there, so why bother?



I debated between a few options. "Bones" reruns, "House Hunters", mediocre movies on TV. I even watched a little of the "Puppy Bowl" (Which, while adorable was even more confusing than normal football. To be fair, I started watching about fifteen minutes in, so I probably missed the explanation of the rules. Still, how adorable were those puppies?).

Ultimately, I ended up finishing some homework before watching part of a three hour "Sex and the City" marathon, while eating an entire box of macaroni and cheese. I consider this to be an evening well spent regardless of the day, but the fact that I watched one of the most quintessentially "girly" shows instead of the Superbowl makes me smile.

The only thing I'm a little upset about is that I don't have any pigs in a blanket. I love those things, and I think it's a law that anyone watching the Superbowl must have them on hand. Still, I suppose sacrifices must be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment