Sunday, November 18, 2012

Impromptu Broadway Melody

There are people in the hallway who've been singing random Broadways songs (with varying quality and accuracy) for about 10 minutes now. They started with "Omigod You Guys" from Legally Blonde, but have since focused mainly on songs from Rent, "One Song Glory" "Season of Love" and they just finished "Take Me or Leave Me". I strongly suspect alcohol is involved.

I've also been really strongly tempted to join in on the singing. Seriously, the only reason I'm not annoyed by this group of people is that I like/somewhat know the songs they're singing.

Okay they're singing something new now and I don't recognize it. A google search of the lyrics I can make out strongly implies that it's "Out Tonight" also from Rent.

Okay, they're singing something else now, but I don't know what it is. Other people are also being loud, so I can't make out enough of the lyrics to google it.

Ooh, someone just asked them to be quiet because it's after quiet hours. Fun fact, it's not. Quiet hours start an hour later on Friday and Saturday nights, so they could still be loud for another 48 minutes if they wanted to.

And that seems to be the end of this little variety show.

No comments:

Post a Comment