Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Knitting Update

A little while ago I lost my winter coat, and with it my hat and scarf, that I had knit. I've since gotten a new coat. While at first I was very disappointed to have lost my hat and scarf, especially considering the amount of work I put into them, I decided to take advantage of the situation.

First I knit myself a new hat.

The hat, as well as my left knee.
It's a Jayne hat. For those of you who don't watch Firefly, that probably means nothing. For those of you do watch Firefly, isn't it awesome? There are a lot of patterns online, I used one that I found on ravelry, though I don't remember which one.

My scarf is still a work in progress. I've long wanted to make myself a Harry Potter scarf and decided to finally go ahead and do it. I'm doing it with Ravenclaw colors. I'm not sure what I'll do if Pottermore (should the rest of us ever be allowed on) sorts me elsewhere, but I'll figure it out when I need to.

The scarf, as well as parts of my legs.
For those of you wondering, I decided to use blue and bronze, as those are the colors of Ravenclaw in the books, as opposed to blue and silver, which are the colors in the movies. I also decided to make a scarf in the style of the later movies because I like that pattern better. I'm using a technique called double knitting, which is why it is blue with bronze stripes on one side, but bronze with blue stripes on the other. And to anyone who says that it looks orange, not bronze, you try finding bronze yarn! That's what I thought.

I think I prefer the blue as the main color a little better, but both sides look nice. It'll be a while until I finish, although it's coming along nicely. I'll do another update when I finish the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment