Wednesday, October 12, 2011

hogwarts


I'm starting to really enjoy using mystery seeker to figure out what to write about for these posts. It told me to write about Hogwarts. I'm not going to object to that.

Hogwarts is a school of magic located in Scotland near the village of Hogsmede. It has several protection charms to keep it safe from muggles. It is a castle. Notable alumni include Albus Dumbledore, Tom Riddle and Hermione Granger. Harry Potter would be on this list except that he didn't actually graduate, though I suppose one could count his final year as one big pass/fail independent study.

I wish that I had received a letter to Hogwarts when I was turning eleven. That would have been amazing. However, I have instead made do with reading the books an obsessive number of times, criticizing the movies for getting things wrong and going to wizard rock concerts.

I was unable to get into Pottermore early unfortunately, so I haven't been officially sorted but I think I am a Ravenclaw, and hope to be sorted there when I am allowed onto Pottermore (I'll keep you posted).

Hogwarts is a place that invites people who, in the outside world are a little different and allows them to have a home where they have something in common with everybody else. This environment helps to remind us that no matter how different we may seem, we are more similar than we think. At the same time, not everyone gets along perfectly at Hogwarts, reminding us that just because we have one thing in common doesn't mean we are exactly alike.

Hogwarts is the most amazing place on earth. May everyone find their own Hogwarts one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment