Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Today the dining hall served pumpkin ice cream. I love pumpkin ice cream because to me, this symbolizes the fall season, particularly Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving because it will be the first time I'll be seeing a lot of my family since arriving at university (and if it wasn't for parent's weekend two weeks before that it would be my first time seeing my parents since arriving). But before I can talk about Thanksgiving, I want to address Halloween.

Halloween is on Monday. I plan on dressing up and I encourage everyone who reads this to dress up as well. The current plan is to go as an identity crisis (dressing in black and wearing multiple name tags with different names upon them), thought I may change my mind. Either way, I will also be eating a boatload of candy. And the best part? Mom and Dad can't stop me. I just need to make sure I don't go into a sugar coma. That would be bad. Really bad. Anyway I'm excited for Halloween. The chemistry department puts on a huge show where lots of things get blown-up and set on fire so I'm excited for that.

So after Halloween comes Thanksgiving. Scratch that. After Halloween come a few more weeks of classes, the next round of midterms and then Thanksgiving. There shall be turkey. And sweet potatoes. And other deliciousness. And I will be home for it all. It's weird to think that for most of my classmates this is the first family holiday potentially spend away from home this year, while I've already missed out on two holidays (Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur). The gist of it is that I'm excited to be home for a holiday and see my family. Especially since after I return to school, I have only two more weeks until winter break. Unfortunately, those two weeks are reading week and finals week.

No comments:

Post a Comment