Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shanah Tova!

Tonight is Erev Rosh Hashanah! Which means that at sunset it becomes Rosh Hashanah! Which is the Jewish New Year for those of you who were wondering. Now, in high school and earlier, this would mean a day off from classes so the Jewish students (such as myself) could go to temple and pray and all the gentiles (or goyim or non-jews or whatever you want to call them) had a day off from school to spend merrily. But that's okay because we got apples and honey.

Anyway so it turns out that at university (or my university anyway) Rosh Hashanah is just another day. I mean, there are services and dinners and lunches. But there are still classes. And labs. So there's a lot of emailing professors to be done. Or a lot of energy drink drinking to be done.

Obviously, this happens every year, so the professors are prepared for it. Also, my schedule is such that I only have two classes this Thursday. That's the good news. The bad news is that my morning class is doing an online lab, at the same time as the morning service. And while I can attend my afternoon class and the following 2 1/2 hour lab without a problem, there is Tashlik an hour later. And a dinner two hours later I'd like to attend so I can get some more cultural fun in. Not to mention the lab report due within 24 hours.

At first I was panicking a bit at all this. Currently, I'm cautiously optimistic. My morning class teacher still hasn't told me when I can do the online lab, but those tend to not take very long and I can probably do it on Friday afternoon (here's hoping I don't have to squeeze it in later on Thursday, I may be able to but I'd rather not be held to that). The chem lab I'm also getting hopeful about, since I will have time at night (a little) not to mention 2 1/2 hours after class gets out on Friday to finish the lab.

Of course, I also just spent 15 minutes writing this post instead of doing chem problems so maybe I should be a little more worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment