Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day of the Moon

Okay! So part two of the series opener picks up about three months later. If you've been playing the Rory Williams death drinking game, take a shot (Of soda or water or lemonade of course, because I don't encourage drinking alcohol. Not until I can join in of course. Kidding). Seriously though, I want to know why they keep killing Rory. I've heard a lot of people criticize River's jump into the pool, but I thought it was very funny. Also, what was up with the Doctor's beard? It kept getting shorter, like it was reverse growing, rather than giving us time for him to cut it.

I loved how the show really put us in the position of the companions in terms of not what it's like to have memories of the Silence edited out of our minds, and having to rely on markings that we don't remember making and messages that we don't remember leaving. The shot where Amy's face is clean then all of a sudden is covered in marks was amazing.

Okay, so the Doctor breaking into Apollo 11. And he had a piece left over. Brilliant. I also like how throughout the episode Nixon was used in place of the psychic paper (this was originally said elsewhere, I just agree.)

When Amy saw the face I had a lot of questions about what was going on. Currently I only have one question about that. How could Amy have seen her at an angle other than straight on? The picture of Amy was heartbreaking, especially now.

After she got grabbed I liked that they could still hear her. I also loved how after Amy threatened to take it away from Rory if he was going to spy. Tee hee. Honestly, I was a little bugged that they are still doing the whole "Rory thinks Amy loves the Doctor not him only to realize he's an idiot" thing. I just feel like Amy's Choice dealt with that so well so it bugs me that they keep bringing it up.

Anyway, I loved how the Doctor managed to defeat the Silent. (Canton: "This is a video phone. Whatever that is.") I loved his little exchange with River about how many she could shoot, as well as the blatant Indiana Jones call-back later with Rory.
The Doctor: Oh, this is my friend River. Nice hair, clever, and has her own gun. And unlike me, she really doesn't mind shooting people. I shouldn't like that. Kinda do, a bit.
River Song: Thank you, sweetie.
The Doctor: I know you're team players and everything, but she'll definitely kill the first three of you.
River: Oh, the first seven, easy.
The Doctor: Seven, really?
River: Oh, eight for you, honey.
The Doctor: Stop it!
River: Make me!
The Doctor: Oh, maybe I will!
Amy Pond :[tied to a chair] Is this really important, flirting? 'Cause I feel like I should be higher on the list right now!
The little  bit at the end with Nixon when he wanted to know if he'd be remembered. "They'll never forget you" indeed Doctor. Also saw it coming about why Canton got fired for wanting to get married.

Finally that ending. The scanner flashing back and forth that Amy both is and isn't pregnant. The little girl form the suit regenerating. So much to be excited about. This is how you start off a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment