Friday, August 26, 2011

A Good Man Goes to War

I like this episode a lot. The very beginning bugged me because it seemed like they were once again setting up the question of Amy and the Doctor but then Rory completely owned the scene with the Cybermen so that made up for it. "I have a message from the Doctor and a question from me. Where is my wife?" "What's the Doctor's message?" *all the ships blow up* "Would you like me to repeat the question?"

Also, how cute is that baby?

I liked the cleric Marines, particularly the thin and fat ones. "We're the thin/fat gay married Anglican Marines. Why would we need names as well?" (This episode was so quotable!) I also liked the initial reason why they were called the headless monks. "They follow their hearts." hehe.

I liked seeing him recruit all the people. The Sontaran was particularly funny. I liked the conversation between Rory and Rive in the beginning. A lot of her emotions made more sense at the end. I also just loved her at the beginning. "I'm breaking in not out!" Stormcage seems like a really terrible prison.

The Doctor's plan was amazing. I loved 3 minutes 40 seconds.I loved Captain runaway. As much as I was lukewarm about the pirates before they popped up so well. "I have a crew of twenty." *Pirates appear* Me: "You had a crew of twenty." The spitfires in space!

I liked the reveal of what Melody was. "Only you would ignore the instincts of a mother."

Then the trap closed and it was heartbreaking. I literally cried a little when Madam Kovorian revealed what she'd done, especially when the baby went sploosh.

That ending was great. I had seen spoilers so I knew what was coming but they did it so well that it didn't even matter.

Favorite quotes (That haven't been mentioned already):
"You'll be up and around in no time. And perhaps one day, you and I shall meet on the field of battle and I will destroy you for the glory of the Sontaran Empire."
" Please, point a gun at me if it helps you relax."
Amy: (hears someone at the door)"Who's that? Who's there? You watch it, because I am armed and really dangerous, and... cross."
Rory: "Like I don't know that."
"And really, you should call her "Mummy," not "Big Milk Thing."
"She doesn't like the TARDIS noise. I asked him to turn something off, but it was all "But I don't want to punch a hole in the space-time continuum."
"Rory, no offense to the others, but, uh, you let them all die first, okay?"
"I'd often dreamed of dying in combat. I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped."


No comments:

Post a Comment