Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Almost Over

Today I went to get some yarn so I could make some of those cool squares I showed you a week or so ago. One of the squares I didn't show made the TARDIS image so I was looking for the right shade of blue. I wasn't sure I had it so I went to the store employee nearby and ad a very fun conversation.

"This probably doesn't mean anything to you but does this *holds up skein of blue yarn* look TARDIS blue to you?"
"I do know what a TARDIS is but I don't know it well enough to know if that's the right shade of blue."
"I just thought I'd ask."
"Does this work?" *She picks up a slightly different shade of blue*
"I don't know."
"Do you want me to look it up on my phone?"
"Sure." *We do so*
"I like being able to use my phone at work."
*Picture comes up* *I hold both skeins up to the screen*
"I guess this one looks a little closer"
"It's kind of between them in color."

I ended up getting the slightly lighter shade which when I compared it to my TARDIS I realized was a little too light. Oh well. It doesn't have to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment