Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crafts and Chemistry

Today there was an event at my school where various clubs had arts and crafts activities for kids. I was there volunteering with the chemistry club. Unfortunately, not that many kids showed up. My guess as for why? It was an outdoor event on a very windy day. We had to weight almost everything down, and were just generally cold throughout.

Then again, it's possible that the goal was to attract few children. I honestly can't think of another reason for the person in charge of creating the playlist for the event to put "I'm Sexy and I Know it" on the playlist, much less for who ever was in charge to let it play in full.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Coffee Filter Chromatography:

Draw on a coffee filter with marker, and then brush with water.
Black marker is especially cool.

Stained Glass Glue:

Mix glue with a little water. Add a drop or two of food coloring. Touch  a toothpick into some dish detergent, then touch that toothpick to the food coloring in the glue.

Tomorrow is the last day of BEDA! Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment